The Next Step for Performance Professionals…
“Understanding what portfolio managers are thinking and how risk is used in portfolio management”
This class offers benefits for those just starting out in performance and veterans alike.
Have you ever wondered about the thought process and decision making that goes into portfolio construction?
Did you ever wonder why an underperforming stock may give just the right amount of alpha to provide the right mix of risk and return?
Have you ever wanted to learn the statistics and risk measures that portfolio managers use to put portfolios together so you can engage in a dialogue using the same jargon so you can speak their language, and understand how performance and risk add value to their decisions?
If you have, then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
On May 11, 2017, in Jersey City, NJ we are holding a special learning event focused on Portfolio Risk.
For more information or to schedule this class, please contact us at 732-873-5700.
What You’ll Discover
- How to interpret and apply the statistics used in diversifying and analyzing a portfolio.
- Why a portfolio manager included one stock over another.
- How to use risk forecasting.
- Hedging and how it comes into play in portfolio construction.
- How you can add real value to the portfolio manager through the reports and information you present.
If you want to discover all of this plus gain:
- An overview of Portfolio Risk
- A knowledge of Basic Statistics
- Insights into Ex-post Risk Statistics
- A Grasp of Ex-ante Risk Statistics including VaR and Expected Shortfall
- Techniques of Portfolio Diversification and Portfolio Hedging
- And more…
CFA Institute has approved this program, offered by The Spaulding Group, for 8 CE credit hours. If you are a CFA Institute member, CE credit for your participation in this program will be automatically recorded in your CE tracking tool.
For more information on this class, please contact CSpaulding@Spauldinggrp.com Chris Spaulding at 732-873-5700